Website launch announcement! Watersavers Irrigation Inc. recently launched their new website!
The Meydenbauer Center opened in 1993 as the Greater Seattle area’s second largest convention facility. Meydenbauer Center was built to grow and sustain Bellevue’s economic vitality. The Center includes 54,000 square-feet of event space including 36,000 square foot Center Hall, and nine meeting rooms totaling 12,000 square-feet. Also included is a 2,500 square-foot Executive Conference Suite as well as a 410 seat performing arts theatre (Meydenbauer Center Theatre). Meydenbauer Center is owned and operated by the Bellevue Convention Center Authority (BCCA), a public development authority.
Meydenbauer required a design with looping hero image video, unique shapes, animations and the ability to apply those to design elements in a page builder format. They required integration with their exhibitor services ordering system into the site as well as streamline the new look and feel with a proposal building platform. The new site architecture needed to appealed to both potential customers and their event attendees.
📅 Free Website Strategy & Social Media Content Calendar Planner Designed for Municipalities and Private Enterprise Organizations
This desk calendar can help you with day to day content planning and overall website strategy. As a marketing professional, website manager or content creator this calendar can sit on your desk and help you single everyday.
How to use the desk calendar:
⭐ Learn best practices for a variety of topics including: Social Media Strategy, Website Security, CMS Training, Digital Marketing, Content Strategy and much more.
⭐ Use the monthly calendar for content creation inspiration. Great for social media content and blog post content.
Southern Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials Conference is the premier event of the year and showcases the opportunity to exchange ideas, discuss challenges, share best practices, participate in technical sessions on highway and transportation matters and network with industry representatives.
We are proud to announce the launch of the new SASHTO website (Southern Association of State Highway Transportation Officials). This website is a hub for the annual conference where visitors can review the daily conference agenda, register to attend and become a sponsor. This website is built on WordPress.
- It was initially developed in 2003 as a blogging tool and is the #1 CMS in the world.
- WordPress has grown and expanded over the last 15 years, and has become the world’s most popular content management system with over 62 million installs.
- Over 30% of the Internet is now powered by WordPress.
- WordPress has made significant gains with municipal organizations and political leaders, Whitehouse.gov and 20 of the 22 democratic candidates for the 2020 Presidential election all use WordPress.
- It provides a back-end framework for at least 2.3% of all web sites worldwide ranging from personal blogs to corporate, political, government sites and is the #1 platform for enterprise CMS’s.
- The Drupal community is composed of more than 1.3 million members, including 109,000 users actively contributing, resulting in more than 39,000 free modules that extend and customize Drupal functionality and over 2,500 free themes that change the website look and feel.
Choosing the right CMS matters: Open Source Vs Proprietary
A proprietary CMS is a software that is the legal property of an organization, group, or individual that created it. The rights holder to the CMS will usually not release the source code to the public, and often only those who have purchased a special license key may use it. Examples: Kentico, SiteCore, Adobe Experience Manager and CivicEngageAn open-source CMS also has features exactly as the name implies: a source code open to the public eye and free to use by anyone. This can spawn a developer community, where programmers come together to develop the software and provide support to users. Examples: WordPress, Drupal and Joomla
The advantages of a proprietary CMS is the complete control of the source code by the organization, group, or individual behind it. If you don’t want the source code tampered with, this is the alternative to choose.
The advantages of an open-source CMS is the continual testing and development of the product by engaged programmers. This way the CMS will unlikely stay at a standstill, because it will always be improved.
The disadvantages of an open-source CMS may appear to be a lack of control, but the organization controlling the repository where the code lives can decide who can commit changes.